Sunday, April 18, 2010

Romantic Bellagio 2008

After four busy days at the expo I could not leave without visiting my favorite hotel in Vegas, the Bellagio. As I approached the main lobby I was filled with anticipation and curiosity as I wondered what the theme would be in the conservatory. I also began to remember how delicious the fresh made crepes would taste. Upon entering I first noticed the beautiful glass flowers covering the ceiling as I walked across the tile floors filled with designs of flowers and butterflies. Then I caught my first glimpse into the conservatory filled with people everywhere looking at the beautiful scenery created from fresh flowers. Trains were winding around images of Mount Rushmore, larger than life sized floral covered bald eagles overlooking from their large nest, hot air filled balloons hanging from the ceiling, red, white and blue beds of hydrangea sand azaleas celebrating our national colors. I stepped back to take in the entire scene and as I watched people from all countries taking pictures and admiring this breathtaking display,my eyes gazed up to the ceiling and my attention was drawn to six huge American Flags. My thoughts then focused on the number of men and women who had given their lives so I could have the freedom to enjoy this moment, thinking not only of the current war but the previous as well. People I knew who sacrificed their lives for my freedom. My emotions were filled with thankfulness. Thank you to all who have served and now serving in our military. My crepes were just as delicious as I remembered from before and I even splurged on a cappuccino gelato! My visit to the Bellagio ended with listening to Frank Sinatra sing as I watched the dancing waters in front of the hotel.
Another wonderful memory from the Bellagio!

No comments:

Post a Comment