Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Good Friday Guest April 20,2009



The gentleman pictured here with my mom, Mr. Herald, visited us
for tea with his family. After they finished dining, his wife and
daughters went into our gift shop. Then he happened to find one
of the old Bibles I have collected to display in our dining room and
sat down and began to read. This was the first time I had witnessed
anyone reading one of my Bibles during tea time. I was so touched to
see this gentleman reading I went over to talk with him. I asked him
if he was enjoying himself and in return he asked me if I memorized
scripture, somewhat puzzled by the question, I replied that I have
memorized a few verses. So of course I had to ask him what scriptures
he knew from memory. He then started with Joshua 1: 8-9 and continued
to overflow with scripture from memory. During our conversation he
explained he began memorizing in 1963 when Moody Bible sent out
cards with scriptures to memorize. His testimony is a reminder and
encouragement to me of the importance of scripture memorization.

No comments:

Post a Comment