Tuesday, April 20, 2010

2009 World Tea Expo

I always look forward to attending the World Tea Expo. In
addition to seeing and making tea friends from around
the world, it is a great opportunity to stay at the forefront
of the industry’s latest trends, increase knowledge and
great networking opportunities.

This year’s World Tea Expo was filled with so many
memorable experiences. I had the opportunity of
tasting three new wine flavored teas, all alcohol free.
In fact, these teas are the first of their kind and were
unveiled to us during a special tea tasting at the tea expo.
I am looking forward to serving these new teas to our guests!

The “Tea Blending” seminar I attended was so much fun.
We actually hand blended three different teas, Chai,
English Breakfast, and Passionfruit. I can’t wait to share
them with you. This class has inspired me to learn more
about tea blending. I already have some special recipes in mind!

I had the pleasure of visiting with Susan Rios, the talented artist
whose artwork is featured in many of Emilie Barnes tea books
and also painted the beautiful art canvas oil painting of
Camellia Rose Tea Room. I hope you have stopped in our shop to
see it. She will be publishing a new tea book next year
through Harvest House and Camellia Rose will be
featured in it. She has agreed to visit us next April for
a book signing and painting class. I can hardly wait!

This year the expo introduced the “Attendee Appreciation
Program” and I was fortunate to qualify because I have attended
five consecutive conferences. One of the perks of this program
was a private luncheon with the guest speaker being
Mr. John Harney, founder of Harney Teas. Mr. Harney shared
some of his experiences over the years since beginning his
business blending teas in the basement of his home many years ago.

It is always a pleasure to listen to James Norwood Pratt share his
tea knowledge as he takes us around the world tasting different rare teas.

I found lots of new tea books and hope they will be delivered soon
to our gift shop so you can see them first hand.

I am so looking forward to sharing all the interesting things I learned
at this year’s expo with you when you visit Camellia Rose.
Cheers,
Ellen

No comments:

Post a Comment